Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Fall Entertaining

I recently hosted a Longaberger party for my mother-in-law.  In case you are not familiar with Longaberger, I will enlighten you!  They are an Ohio based company that specializes in handmade baskets and pottery.  They have great quality products that are both beautiful and functional.  Needless to say, this gave me an opportunity to brush up on my culinary skill and entertaining techniques.  From the picture below you can see we had quite the spread.

If you look closely, pretty much all of the dishes and baskets displayed are Longaberger.  I like their products because they can go right from oven to table.  Notice any other unique elements?  How do you like my pumpkin and squash candles?  A few months ago I was shopping at my local grocery store and stumbled upon the neatest little gadget!

I'm not sure what its called but you can use it to carve perfectly round holes in just about any type of produce to put tea lights in.  In the fall its easy to find lots of small, cheap squash, pumpkins and gourds.  Just put a tea light in them and you have some unique and inexpensive decorations!  

Just a little tip I discovered when I was putting these together, you may have to stuff some foil under the tea light to make it flush with the top of the gourd.

Okay so back to our original picture....notice anything else?  How about a serving bowl?  Or is it a pumpkin? 

As you can see here, I cleaned out a small pumpkin and used it as a serving bowl for my hot spinach and artichoke dip.  The best part?  No clean up...just throw it away when you are done with it!  I used the same concept to form a beautiful vase for some fall berries.

I hope I've given you some fun and easy tips for fall entertaining!  

No comments:

Post a Comment