Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Ornaments

Thanksgiving weekend is always when we put up our Christmas tree.  It's one of my favorite times of the year!  I love decorating the Christmas tree.  The lights, the garland and especially the ornaments.  As I carefully unwrap each ornament, it reminds me of a special time in my life.  Each one is unique and carries a story....
Like this adorable wooden star ornament that I received from an old boss.  She is absolutely one of my favorite people and every time I look at it I think of her....
It wouldn't be Christmas around our house without watching the "Lampoons Christmas Vacation" at least once!  This ornament of cousin Eddie's RV was a gift from my mother-in-law...it always makes me laugh!
This Santa ornament reminds me of the Christmas classic movie, "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."  Every year as a kid I looked forward to watching that movie on TV.
And no Christmas tree would be complete without at least one cardinal on it...for good luck in the coming year of course!
And this beautiful hand crafted metal maple leaf was a gift from an old friend.  

What about you? What is your favorite Christmas ornament?  

No comments:

Post a Comment